This book is designed to introduce you to using containers and Kubernetes for full-stack development. You’ll learn how to develop a full-stack application using Ruby on Rails and PostgreSQL with Sidekiq, and how to manage them all – first with Docker, then with Docker Compose, and finally with Kubernetes.
The topics that it covers include how to:
– Get started developing an application about sharks using the Ruby on Rails framework;
– Extend the application’s data model to incorporate user submitted information about sharks;
– Integrate Sidekiq into your application to handle asynchronous data processing;
– Containerize your application and streamline your development workflow using Docker Compose;
– Migrate your Docker Compose development workflow to Kubernetes, finishing with a completely cloud-native …