Freshly updated for GTK3, the 2nd edition of An Introduction to C & GUI Programming will teach you all you need to know to write simple programs in C and start creating GUIs, even if you’re an absolute beginner.
The first half of the book is an introduction to C, and covers the basics of writing simple command-line programs. The second half shows how to use the GTK user interface toolkit with C to create feature-rich GUI applications which can be run on the desktop.
156 pages of essential information:
– Create simple command-line C programs
– Control flow with conditions and loops
– Handle variables, strings, and files
– Design graphical user interface applications in C
– Handle user input with buttons and menus
– Use advanced UI features such as data stores and dialogs …